Tallowmere v350.4 - DRM-free changelog
It's been about 18 months since the Tallowmere DRM-free version was last updated, but here's a new update for today.
Combined changelog from v334.7 (Jun 1, 2016) to v350.4 (Dec 30, 2017):
- Tallowmere is now built with Unity 5.6.4p4.
- Added support for multiple languages. Translations added:
- Finnish / Suomi – Tomi Turkki & Olli-Samuli Lehmus
- French / Français – Christophe Braguy
- German / Deutsch – Spiffosi, sePL, & John Westfield
- Italian / Italiano – Luca Pattarini
- Japanese / 日本語 – Teyon Japan
- Polish / Polski – Maciej Ułanowicz
- Russian / Русский – Tycho Davidianus
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文 – Kai Shao
- Spanish / Español – Jose M. Gaspar
- Turkish / Türkçe – A. Ozkal
- Upon first run, Tallowmere now attempts to automatically select your system language (if available) rather than defaulting to English.
- In singleplayer, the weapon info box in the top-left corner no longer fades out.
- Added a slight glow around each Acid Trap.
- Tamed the screen shake to be slightly smoother and less jarring for the shake duration.
- Added an option to disable blood. Available under Main Menu > Game Options > Blood.
- On the main menu, added a “Save Game” item explaining how the saving system works:
- Your game is automatically saved when you reach a new room.
- Your save file is loaded whenever Tallowmere starts.
- Your save file will be deleted if you die.
- Tutorial text now wraps if sentence is too long to fit on one line.
- Improved detection of PlayStation controllers for button names and icons.
- Improved out-of-bounds position detection when using the Katana or Emerald Dagger.
- Fixed +Spiked Club Damage not being included in the loot rolls.
- Fixed an issue where +Base Damage numbers on new weapons were being rolled too low after loading a saved game.
- Fixed the Tips & Tricks section sometimes saying there was 1 new tip if you had read them all.
- Fixed an issue where gib collisions were not creating blood splats.
- Fixed a Local Co-op and Keyboard Co-op issue where the inventory screen would sometimes switch to the wrong player when pressing Esc.
- Fixed an issue where the game could freeze after starting a Challenge.
- Fixed Left Trigger / L2 not being bindable in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where Bloats could chase you after cloaking with the Emerald Dagger.
- Fixed an issue where you could spawn outside the room when starting the game.
- Fixed an issue where combat log entries for certain bosses were incorrect.
- Fixed an issue during a boss fight where blood would instantiate in the center of the room rather than on the boss.
- Fixed an error that would occur if you opened the Weapon Wheel before walking around.
- Fixed an issue where a key could bounce into a corridor out of reach without getting pushed back.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash if you died with the inventory menu open.
- Fixed a rare issue where soul groups would never spawn.
- Local Co-op: Fixed an issue where the red low-health overlay would not cover the whole screen if the camera was zoomed out too far.
- Local Co-op: Fixed an issue where player names would overlap the High Scores UI.
- Windows: Removed the installer. Please extract the Tallowmere folder from your ZIP file, and then run Tallowmere.exe to start the game.
- Windows, macOS, & Linux: Added option: Lock Cursor to Window. Toggleable. Available under Options > Input Options.
- Windows & macOS: Added support for many different controller models.
- Windows: Improved XInput controller detection in certain scenarios.
- Windows & Linux: Fixed an issue where VSync and framerate settings weren't getting applied at startup.
- macOS: Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash upon startup.
- Linux: Fixed a screen tearing issue.
- Linux: Fixed mouse cursor showing erroneously on Linux. The cursor is now hidden and locked to the game window from the start. Opening the main menu by pressing Esc will release the cursor so you can click elsewhere on your desktop. Resuming the game will lock the cursor to the game again.
- Linux: Fixed an issue where the cursor would remain locked to the game window if the game lost focus.
- Linux: Fixed an issue where the game would not pause if the game lost focus.
- Android: Added keyboard support.
- Android: Added Static Movement buttons as an optional movement type. Available under Main Menu > Options > Input Options> Movement Type.
- Android: Added support for many different controller types. Please visit tallowmere.com/android-input for the full list.
- Android: Default controller buttons for Main Menu and Inventory have been changed to Start and Select, rather than L1 and R1.
- Android: Fixed the Back and Confirm button text being off-centered.
- Android: Fixed the Flag Runner achievement displaying the wrong text.
- Android: Hopefully resolved a rare Unity-related crash.
- Performance improvements.
Tallowmere has amassed over 80,000 players since launching in 2015, and was recently published on the Nintendo Switch in Nov 2017.
Thank you for playing!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.