Tallowmere 2 – Version 0.2.2
With 2020 sunsetting into the distance soon, and a new year upon us shortly, here are my plans for Tallowmere 2 in the coming weeks:
- Implement the itch.io online login system so itch.io players can play online.
- Finish implementing the Early Backer kitten-naming forms and naming-credit forms, and get those added to the game as a collectathon achievement.
- Finish fixing Online Co-op bugs. Many issues have been tackled in this 0.2.2 version... there is light at the end of the tunnel!
- Get the Android mobile version up to speed and playable. While tidying up the Android DRM-free version should be straight-forward, mobile development in recent weeks has been garnishing the Google Play and iOS integration with cloud saves, achievements, and leaderboards. The Android DRM-free version doesn't need to have as many bells and whistles, but still needs to be robust enough. Aiming for Q1 2021.
- Implement the first boss. This will be bringing the one and only 💀 Bastardly Boss Designer early backer reward to life. Quite a few things are planned with it, so should be fun to add to the dungeon.
- Mid-2021, also want to get the Nintendo Switch version happening...
Onwards. Thanks for playing and sharing your feedback.
- It's snowing...?!
- Added new option: Auto-equip Loot.
- Enabled by default.
- Toggleable under Options > Advanced.
- Fixed revive triggers sometimes remaining interactable after reviving a player.
- Fixed revival UI sometimes appearing rotated.
- Fixed issue where mousewheel scrolling would change weapons for all players.
- Fixed UI errors when assigning controllers with French set as the language.
- Health is now synced more robustly, which should resolve fallen-state revival issues.
- Room-transition syncing is now more robust, which should resolve corridor, waypoint, and player-position issues.
- To assist with debugging, games are now assigned a five-character ID code, and servers now create separate logs for each game.
- Game info now shows server name, and is more legible on the pause menu.
- Improved handling of merchant and treasure chest transactions.
- Improved handling of unknown network messages.
- Fixed HUD-related errors.
- Fixed certain network actions not working correctly after reviving a player.
- Fixed server name being displayed in place of game name in some cases.
- Waypoint ledges are now smoother.
- Greatly improved the position-solver. Creatures, keys, and gold should no longer get stuck outside the bounds of the room, nor stuck between blocks.
- To assist with investigating transactional errors, Unity's "Physics 2D > Use Multithreading" setting has been disabled for this version.
- Fixed HUD sometimes not appearing after cutscenes and room transitions.
- Fixed interactable tooltip widths sometimes not updating.
- Version info is now visible during transitions, rather than fading out temporarily.
- Improved detection of PlayStation 4 and Xbox 360 controllers.
- Fixed player creature attack states and movement states persisting incorrectly after being revived.
- Fixed various errors with Boomerangs, Flails, Scythes, Elemental Staffs, kitten throats, and the Stone of Diashan.
Tallowmere2_v0.2.2_Win64.zip 135 MB
Dec 24, 2020
Tallowmere2_v0.2.2_Mac64.zip 135 MB
Dec 24, 2020
Tallowmere2_v0.2.2_Lin64.zip 138 MB
Dec 24, 2020
Get Tallowmere 2: Curse of the Kittens
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.