Version 0.2.4 – Spanish
Preamble note: This patch's main feature adds online co-op game-saving, but online co-op is not yet available for the itch.io version, just the Steam version for now. Online co-op game-saving will be available for itch.io players once the itch.io login system is implemented.
My apologies this version took so long to get out the door. February has been a challenging month.
I underwent a liver biopsy at the end of January, which put me out of action for about a week... and then my immune system really didn't like my body being opened up, so there was an extra two weeks of pain and fatigue associated with the event, which slowed development work right down. I am still sore at times, but energy has been restored (mostly).
The online co-op saving feature alone took about 3 weeks to implement because of my health issues. Wasn't how I planned to spend most of February, but it's done and added now. I hope you'll find it useful.
Still on the horizon:
- Various options to improve gameplay, such as auto-attacking and inventory management, are still planned for 0.2.x, as well as more bug fixes.
- Number tweaking and gameplay balancing is still planned for 0.3.
- Android and iOS versions are planned to be available once 0.3 is done. Just need to finalise the Google Play and iCloud integration. 2021 Q2 is probably more realistic at this point.
- The first boss is planned for 0.4.
- The Nintendo Switch version will likely come once 0.4 is done.
If submitting feedback in-game and you'd like a response (especially if it's a bug report), please remember to enter your email address.
I plan to add an in-game response system at some point, but for now, the in-game feedback system is a very one-way avenue.
New Zealand has entered another Covid lockdown, which means game development with noisy kids at home... oh joy!
In any case, onwards with the development, one day at a time.
As always: thank you for playing, and thanks for your patience.
And yes, I know I still need to add the kitten-naming, guard-naming, and other itch.io backer rewards! Getting closer to it!
VERSION 0.2.4 – 1 MARCH, 2021
- Added Spanish / Español – translated by Martín Martos.
ONLINE GAME-SAVING HAS BEEN ADDED (on Steam for now):
- Parties can now exit an online game and resume it later.
- Online games are saved on the selected server when a party enters Room 1.
- Games are saved to the server's disk when the party reaches a new room.
- Games are linked to players' Steam accounts.
- Games are retained for 90 days.
- Games are deleted from the server's disk when the party dies.
TO RESUME AN ONLINE GAME FROM A PREVIOUS SESSION:
- One player should load the game by going "Online Co-op", "Load game", select the server that was previously used, then select the game.
- Once loaded, the game will appear in the "Join game" category for the other player(s).
- Tabs are now separated into Single-player, Couch Co-op, and Online Co-op.
- Servers are now listed in a category instead of a context menu.
- Servers are now sorted by ping.
- The best-ping server is now selected by default.
As part of an ongoing investigation into rare Unity engine errors:
- Unity's "Use incremental garbage collection" option has been disabled for now.
- Many checks around Unity's MonoBehaviour classes have been added.
Prior to 0.2.4, incremental garbage collection was enabled. It keeps performance smooth, but I suspect it was accidentally removing non-garbage pointers in memory, causing errors regarding lists, arrays, and null references. This patch will help see if incremental garbage collection was the underlying issue.
Frame rate performance should still be adequate, but if not, please send feedback.
- Fixed error during game-over screen if a controller had disconnected.
- Improved handling of disk errors when writing LocalSettings.ini.
- Fixed a pause menu issue.
- Fixed certain buttons not updating when player changed input type between keyboard and controller.
- Fixed date and time formatting issues.
- Improved messages regarding timeout issues.
- Fixed player name text-wrapping issues on treasure chest items.
- Fixed errors with rewards and shields.
- Added option: Advanced> Delete Local Settings.
- Fixed player spawn point position being incorrect.
- Addressed rare errors with the weapon selector and item pop-ups.
Get Tallowmere 2: Curse of the Kittens
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.