Version 0.2.5 – itch.io online co-op
Online co-op with itch.io versions is now available.
Still working through other bugs and features. More to come!
VERSION 0.2.5 CHANGELOG
IMPROVED WRITING SAVED GAMES:
- Write times for large dungeons now takes ~1 second, rather than several seconds.
- Reduced file size for large dungeons by ~50%.
- Greatly reduced RAM usage when saving.
FOR FILE SIZE AND MEMORY PERFORMANCE, OLD ROOMS ARE NOW "VACUUMED" WHEN THE GAME IS SAVED:
- After reaching Room 12 or higher, rooms from ten rooms prior now become closed off.
- Old rooms, excluding the home room, have most of their data stripped.
- The western door from ten rooms prior becomes closed and permanently locked, since the preceding room is no longer usable.
- The home room is left intact, though its eastern door becomes permanently locked once Room 1 is vacuumed.
- Enabled online co-op for itch.io versions.
- Online games are cross-compatible with both Steam and itch.io clients.
- A special itch.io login key is required to play online.
- For details on how to obtain your login key, please visit: tallowmere2.com/itch
LOADING SAVED GAMES:
- Fixed an issue of not being able to rejoin a loaded game. Account-matching is now improved between server and client, rather than relying on info stored in client's LocalSettings.ini file.
- Fixed an issue where loading a saved game would not have its internal ID be reassigned on the server.
- Fixed issue where poison ticks would not hurt enemies. Poison ticks now hurt enemies as expected.
- Fixed a timing issue where kitten-rescuing cutscenes could start if kitten had been slain.
- Fixed an item network error during room transitions.
- Fixed connection issues with long player names.
- Addressed errors that could happen when returning to the home room at the end of a run.
- Addressed errors that could happen if players disconnected during the home room cutscene.
- Improved server debug logging.
- Improved server directory integrity checks.
OTHER FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved text contrast and visibility.
- Added clipboard paste support – Ctrl+V on Windows and Linux; Cmd+V on macOS.
- Fixed incorrect string for Modifier_ExtraCritDamage.
- Rarity 4: Renamed Legendario to Épico.
- Renamed Catbeast to Bestia Felina.
- Renamed Bumerang to Bumeran.
- Fixed an error with low-health text during game over sequence.
- Fixed an error when trying to click debug log file shortcut.
Get Tallowmere 2: Curse of the Kittens
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.